We want to practice a healthy living, but oftentimes, we neglect the essentials. Yes, we’re always reading the labels on the foods we eat, but do we also read the ingredients of our shower products? Most of the best body wash bottles have hard to read chemicals that we rather overlook at them. Likewise, if you want to get the best, you also need to pay extra for that.
This could ruin not only your health, but even your budget as well. Fortunately, you could just make a homemade body wash, that’s not only good for the skin, but also for your wallet.
Here are some of the fantastic recipes that will allow you to make your natural body wash. Aside from being paraben-free, they’re also moisturizing at the same time. Making them only takes a few minutes and they’re very gentle on the skin. You could use them as a shave soap or even a face cleanser. Best of all, you could customize them with essential oils, depending on your preference.
1. DIY Honey Body Wash
It’s a 4-ingredient natural body wash that aside from being moisturizing, you can customize the scent by using your favorite oil.
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 liquid Castile soap
- 15 drops of eucalyptus oil
- A teaspoon of vitamin E
- 10 drops of grapefruit or lemon essential oil
- 10 drops of sweet orange essential oil
- Microwave the coconut oil in a bowl on medium heat for about 30 minutes, until it gradually melts.
- Combine essential oils, honey, and Vitamin E. Mix them well.
- Add the Castile soap. Likewise, in order to avoid the formation of suds, stir it occasionally.
- Pour the mixture in a glass or plastic container.
You now have your very own body wash. Don’t forget to shake it before every use.
2. Homemade Body Wash (Tried and True Blog)
- 12 cups of water
- Castile soap bar
- 2 tbsps. of glycerin
- Bring the water to a slight simmer and add the Castile bar. Wait for it to completely melt.
- Turn off the heat and add 2 tbsps. of glycerin.
- Slowly pour the mixture into your container and cover it. Let the mixture set for 24 hours.